Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sizzle - Sizzle

Well, Fall is here and hopefully it will stay. I hate those hot-cold swings in temperature. Everything is a go for this weekend. We get to see Star get heated up and then see just how long Wild Mom's sonny-do list is. I was scheduled for jury duty but the person pleaded guilty to murder so they dismissed us. Shoot I already had my vote marked for "guilty with the death penalty." Work is long and every minute is filled with something to do. I am cloning hard drives right now ... so we get a little break. I have the dates for our Cruise and Nationals:

23 January 2009 - 02 February 2009 --- Cruise to the Southern Caribbean.
24 - 31 March 2009 --- National Tournament in Las Vegas. #19 for me. This year the ride out there will be a little tougher as this was the last trip George and I took before his accident. It seems this train ride has become a major part of my memory. This was also Dad's favorite trip also, especially on the Southwest Chief to Albuquerque New Mexico. Though he did love all the train trips. Funny how dad loved all the train rides and Wild Mom loves the cruises. Thinking back, as a young person we couldn't wait to get away from the parental units and be on our own. But now, each of these trips are worth more than gold and have become priceless in my memory. The sad part is we don't learn this until it is almost too late and the available times are fewer. Why couldn't we have learned this lesson 30 years ago? I would hope some people would learn from my mistake and not have to go through this like I did. But, alas, us parental units aren't in touch with reality ... so they say.

We still want to figure out a weekend for ChincoTeague Island but the weekends available with decent weather are slowly disappearing. November will be our focus month on getting the downstairs bedroom fixed up so we can have a room for when company shows up during the holidays.

All the grand kids are growing and making us laugh. Whether is is Lew battling the cheating gameboy, or Lil Princess climbing on everything or AJ chewing on everything, they make us smile and love them more. Such simple things that mean everything to us.

1 comment:

JadedHeartStarr said...

hey you need to update!! How have you been doing? Thank you so much for coming down for my burn, it meant the world to me! I love you so much! took my last test for class last night and am just now waiting for results.