Saturday, September 06, 2008

Oh ... Dark Thirty

Just for a change of pace ... it is 03:30 am on a Saturday morning and I figured it would be good to write ... not! Work called at 02:30 am and woke me up with a problem they were having. You guessed it ... the new stuff I inherited. Nothing like feeling inadequate and even worse ... lost. Gee, I knew I should have went to sleep earlier ... but I didn't get home from the training class until 11:00 pm and have to leave for the morning session at 06:45 am. These are the times that try my resolve to be a christian. #1 looked at me earlier tonight with a WTF? look ... why are you up now? With fingers crossed ... at 05:10 am the system seems to have settled back down ... for the moment. Now it is time to start my day and get ready for the class ... figuring out what I did right will come later.

As I reflect over the last 2+ hours, I really wonder about the fun-ness I am supposed to be having. I am reflecting on another time in my life when I felt just like this mentally ... I guess it boils down to your self-worth and what value you give to your life. Reminds me of the movie, "Saving Private Ryan," when the man asks ... have I been good enough to deserve the sacrifice made for me?

Oh, the first session of the class was good. It is titled ... Lay Leaders are Servant Leaders ... it makes you think though the author's book does challenge your thinking for a bit until you figure out what his words are driving at.

Yeah, I missed Friday Night dinner with Lady and our best friends and most likely I will miss Mexican food today at El Agave. The list of negatives for today is really growing so I best stop before I convince myself to retire today. I hope your day is a great one and be safe.

No comments: