Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another Pissy Day

Well, the Renn Faire was great as usual and everyone had a great time ... even Peanut managed to smile a lot. She wants one of them dresses where you can strut your stuff. And yes, she loves watching the Squire on the Wire. Something about a man in a kilt walking on a tightrope over the audience got her attention. We listened to the O'Danny Girls sing ... just like we always do ... and they were great. I bought another of their CDs to play and use it to put myself to sleep at night.

Work continues to be a royal pain in the arse. People who are supposed to use computers as part of their job can't even add a signature block to their email. They don't have a clue about the programs but they take enough time to go through all the screens and change the settings ... then bellyache to me when it doesn't work right anymore. Keep your frickin fingers off then ... I say. I installed web mail several years ago ... and to this day ... they still can't use it or even remember how to get to it. Cheng puts out an email every week about not installing software ... well, everyone of them have ACT ... one day I will find that gremlin that sneaks in at midnight and installs this software that no one claims they installed but everyone uses. Or someone wants to print something, spends 45 minutes formatting it, then bitches to me about their wasted time and how I ought to fix the broken print system. I changed the print margins and in 15 seconds solve what they wasted 45 minutes on. Learn to use the tools provided with the brains God gave you. I won't even go into the workload changes for the whole engineering staff. We are a victim of our success. We do it better and faster and now as a reward they are dumping on more on us. I think I will take up the United Auto Workers attitude ... slow down until you are over paid for doing nothing.

AJ is growing and is developing a great personality ... a real charmer. His hair keeps sticking straight up ... his hair looks like one of the gremlins from the movie. Lew and Lil Princess continue to make us smile and laugh. Lew got "a million bucks" as he exclaimed. Really it was only $10. You can't help but love them all. Peanut is turning into quite a cook ... the meals and desserts are rather remarkable. One day she will have the opportunity to fatten up her own significant other but for the time being it is me and Lady. #1 and #2 have the same issue ... allergic to work. It is nice to be picky but sometimes pride should kick in and you should want to work and show us you can be productive in society. But alas, until that day they will wonder why their arse is getting bigger from all the sitting around.

Sometimes I have to wonder where I failed in raising these kids. I tend to be a workaholic but they tend to be lounge lizards. Has society changed so much that sponging off your parents is the preferred way of living? We want to help and give them the best chance to succeed but does that mean take advantage of us? Yes, I am miffed as I work 60+ hours a week. I wish I could just be normal. What is the appeal of sleeping or lounging in bed 21 hours a day? Surely the body has had enough sleep after 10 hours. Chores? I realize doing chores while you are sleeping all day or generally being a sofa lizard is impossible so I won't go into any detail here. Be honest with us, we know all the cock and bull excuses for not being there or spending time with us. Just tell us you have no real desire to spend time with us and would rather be elsewhere. We will get over the disappointment. Lord, heaven help that we would want to spend some time with you and have a relationship. And yes, a relationship is more than phone calls that average 3 minutes and text messages. Talk to us face to face, do things with us. I have been known to sit in beauty shops reading ladies magazines just to be with someone. Not to mention sitting through a movie that had no plot or action. Why do we have to drift apart because we have this huge desire to be independent. Yes growing up is the goal but independence is doing it yourself when you want to and how you want to. I sit here and think now of how I would love to have one more talk with my dad ... just 2 minutes to say I love you. But I can't for now and then I think of how it is now with my family ... such a waste of those precious moments. Perhaps my failure is wanting to love them and be a part of their lives when I should either blow it off or apply the boot of opportunity to their backside.

Well, I shall stop ... for what good will it do to continue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer so that I could spend time with you and Mom, never realize the things you miss the most until you can't do them as often. I am going to try to visit in December but am looking forward to and hope you guys can make it next month for my final burn. I love you both very much and miss you!