Monday, March 28, 2005

From the South

Well, the vacation is almost over. Bowling was good; I didn’t embarrass myself nor finish last. I did though have fun and relax a bit. It helps going to an area that slows down as compared to the fast lane of the D.C. metro area. Next is Corpus Christi in March 2006.

There quite and experience when I dialed *HP in Mississippi on I-10. I reported a scrap metal truck that was going 70 mph and having scrap aluminum fly off his truck. Of course, every car behind him was swerving and dodging those little missiles including myself. The lady that answered didn’t want to do anything unless an accident occurred. Nothing like being proactive – one day too late. I guess it was doughnut break time for Bubba the Cop. I am relieved to say no one got hurt during the time I watched in my rear view. But there were a few dented hoods, burnt rubber from the skid marks and a whole lot of cursing.

As expected my “hurt” assistant didn’t come to work on Thursday as expected and the newsroom network melted down. All I could do is shake my head and try to help my friend who was called in to fix it. His two-hour commute to get there and then the next 9 hours to get it all back up was a debt I will try and repay. Do I have too? No, but he is a friend who they took advantage of. Also, the odds of her coming back Monday: 10:1, why work when you can get a doctors pass and sit at home filling your mouth with potato chips and still get paid? Where did I miss the boat or was I born yesterday?

Looks like the trip may be a few days longer. Pops was told his defibrillator is defective and may not work. We knew that Medtronic – it works fine but lies about doing anything when it is downloaded. And they thought Pops was lying when he said it went off. In summary, there are 330+ people here with them and the hospital called and said he was #1 in priority to get a new one. So Tuesday and Wednesday will be spent in a waiting room. The procedure is easy enough. It is the testing that is the problem. They stop the heart and see it the unit restarts it. Well, in Pops case, it never does, at least the last 3 times, so the stress level is very high when they do it. They have to manually kick start him for another try.

What ever happened with rehabilitation of these convicted sex abusers? How many more children must die before we do something? At some point we must do something to stop them from preying on the harmless. Civil Rights? Heck, what rights does the little girl have after that so called rehabilitated sex-offender strangled her to death? How many children must die before his rights are forfeited. Why isn’t Congress hopping on this bandwagon instead of interfering in the Schiavo matter? Come on Jeb Bush – these crimes are in your back yard and you can do something - instead of grandstanding for re-election. Oh, that is right, you are Catholic and Catholics protect priests and thus they don’t get worried when a Child Abuser plies their trade. It seems that in the past they they would abuse and then let them go, but lately it is more fashionable to abuse and kill. And we want to abolish the death penalty as being too cruel? And Child Sex abuse isn’t? What about rape, execution, cold-blooded murder and other horrendous acts against another human? What is cruel if these acts aren’t? Could it be humans are the cruelest, nastiest, beings to ever walk the earth? Is there any other mammal in nature that abuses their offspring like this? Oh, that is right, we killed them into extinction as being too cruel and in-human.

Perhaps the words of the sentinel in the Matrix when he spoke to Morpheus was a harbinger of what reality is – Humans are the most vicious of organisms consuming everything around them until they alone are left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep a good thought for your
Dad, Boss.
BT