Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Settling In

Well, life during the post-cruise phase is returning to the pre-cruise rush. It seems everytime I take some time off they open a bunch of projects and set a completion date. Of course, it goes without saying that the start date was the first day of my vacation so naturally I start out 10 days behind. So here I go trying to make it all work out. I sure wish some of the money would come back to me. :)

Dark Towers is slowly taking form. We are in no big rush to grow this. Quality is the desire and not quantity of players. Selective? Yes, but we are open to anyone who wishes to play in the tower.

Too bad the Pats won the game. The Steelers were the only team that can beat Philly. Yes, the Pats do good the second time against you, But Philly will be too much for them.

Goodbye Johnny. Though I didn't care for everything you did, you were good.

59 more days to National Bowling Tournament in Baton Rouge, La. I wish the local alleys would take as good of care of their lanes as ABC does. The youth league just started back up after the holidays and it was a riot as usual. Watching the small ones bowl causes a constant chuckle. epecially fun is to watch them improve season after season. My son never lets me forget his average is now higher, well, at least I know who taught him what to do to get there. Just because the old bones won't let me doesn't mean I don't know how too.

I hate stopped up kitchen sinks. This one was harder than the rest and I still don't know what caused it. The blockage was well inside the wall and not in the plumbing under the sink. But what the hay, I saved a plumbers call and $150.00.

When will people learn to drive in snow and ice? This time without exception, every car in an accident or spun out in the ditches was a 4-wheel drive truck or all-wheel drive car. Maybe if they took some of that money they spend on that truck, bought a cheaper car and spent the rest on some brains our insurance rates wouldn't get jacked up. But God made some people to be an idiot and then allowed them to drive 4-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicles.

No comments: