Saturday, July 31, 2010

Well, Saturday afternoon and all is well. The food at El Agave was great as usual. The Grand Kids will be over soon and the activity level in the house will climb accordingly. Looks like this years cruise will get postponed but we managed to get three other events reserved.

September 2010 - Renn Faire in Maryland.
October 2010 - Weekend trip to Pigeon Forge to see the leaves change.
November 2010 - Week trip to Governor's Green in Williamsburg.
January 2011 - Week trip to Myrtle Beach.

So we shall be busy even with all the usual activities we usually get involved with. Wild Mom is fine. She is just getting use to being home and not having the road life keep her busy. I can almost hear the creak of the rocker on the porch. Lady is fine. She is back to exercising so she can get into her bikini when we go to to the pools and hot tubs at the different resorts. #1 continues to moan and groan as he punishes his body at the gym. I wonder why he feels that way but then I remember ... he is almost 30! The body does funny things when you get that old. #2 is working and hoping for more hours. I guess the new girl friend eats a lot and he needs more money to pay for it. Gee, now he realizes, in a small way, what it costs me to take this crew out to eat. Starr is still waiting for her clearance to go back to work. She doesn't like all the free time around the house. Peanut, well she is still the same, working and trying to corral AJ. AJ continues to grow like a weed. He is also developing an attitude ... much like Peanut's. Lew and Lil Princess will be here later so I will have to save my comments until later.

Some times events or comments occur that just boggle my mind. I guess what really amazes me is they won't sit down and talk face-to-face. Everyone has opinions and views in their mind of what occurred ... That is understandable. But at least sit down, discuss it in a personal way and maybe then both people will modify their view of the events. Heck, maybe one of them will figure out that it isn't worth the crap and drop the whole issue just to help heal the pain and move on with our lives. There are many times I find myself wishing for just 5 more minutes with Dad ... so much to say, even more to feel. But alas, axe grinding is sometimes the preferred method of avoiding our feelings. Too bad that one day it will follow with "gee, I wish I had done it differently." Self flagellation will never solve anything except making you feel like crap ... so change ... each one of us is a person, a human being, thus we are valuable and have a purpose. Why do you think God loves us so! He sees our value even though we feel like plugged nickels. Sometimes, I hate to think that I will never get to share, love, and get to know someone this side of Heaven, all because of "I don't need you ... I can do it myself."

No comments: