Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting ready for the Dog Days

We are safely back from Indiana. The drive was uneventful but long (10+ hours). It was a great time and in many ways I wished it would never end. Lady's surprise of her brother on his birthday was complete. He was speechless as was her sister who walked by Lady before realizing who it was. Lew loved the pool and AJ even managed to splash his feet in the pool too. My neice, the fish, showed me all her swimming skills and filled my ears with tales of her swim meets. I really did enjoy that time and even the wrestling matches with her next day. Lady's parent's house and property are somewhere I could retire and really enjoy life. The town is so laid back and quiet. Life is so fast there ... they drive golf carts around town and there isn't a golf course in miles. #1 and peanut are still working. Though Peanut really missed AJ. It is amazing how those lil beggars get too you. AJ learned one new word very well and used it every possible second that he could speak. He wore out the word "Bye." #2 is still suffering from noworkitis. I believe the disease isn't fatal but it sure saps your energy away. Star celebrated her birthday (?? years) in Hilton Head and Monday finally returned to reality in Georgia. Princess is still working like a mule and occasionally stops to say hi or is it "hee haw?" Now we can start looking forward to the next weekend adventure in August ... Williamsburg Va. Work is the same. I am very happy that it is the one constant pain in my life. That helps me maintain a foot in reality. More to come later!!!

No comments: