Monday, February 04, 2008

Does Your Chewing Gum Lose it's Flavor on the Bed Post Overnight?

Guess I need to go and find a giant sponge to absorb all the water in my front yard. All the rain over the last few weeks has turned the front yard into a mud hole. Speaking of mud hole, yesterday Lew was swinging on a swing at the playground and fell off ... planting his face squarely into the mud. Needless to say but he was a hoot to look at ... brown face and all. Bowling went very well. The kids went 4-0 and the night league went 7-0 against the 4th place team, we are third. Next week will be a challenge because it is position round and we will possibly be going against the 1st place team. Who would believe and to top that, Lady did very well. The weekend was also fun because Lil Princess is showing us her personality and reacting to us. I think I played on the floor with her almost all evening. Of course my knees barked at me later. Her laugh will melt your heart and how can you say no? I think I am in trouble when she gets older.

Well it now looks like 23 January 2009, on the Norwegian Pearl to the Southern Caribbean for 9 days. If you want to go, let me know and I will give you the number to our travel agent who is putting this together for us. I had no votes for Orlando so I guess that was a bad idea or no one was interested. Shoot, this weekend, several gallons of paint showed up at the house. I guess I know what comes next ... sanding.

Work is pretty much the same. Many projects and even more on the horizon. At this point I am getting beyond letting it matter any more. Something runs for several years flawlessly, and then Corporate mandates a change and then when it breaks, it is our fault and then they ask us to change it back to make it work right. Of course, making it work when it is changed back is their achievement and brainstorm. All we are are some dumb engineers that don't know better.

I know, I will retire and let all the kids support me. :)

Looks like the Pats used a page from the Redskins playbook and LOST.

No comments: