Thursday, May 12, 2005

Thoughts during a moment of weakness

The Work Scene: All is going ok. I now have the authority to find and hire a new assistant engineer. So perhaps things will return to some level of normality. Though, they did add two new studio build outs and one upgrade project. Oh well, I guess I like the work since I am still here.

Next weekend (21-25) is the State Bowling Tournament followed by a quiet retreat to a mountain cabin for a long and quiet weekend with the wife.

Delta – What makes anyone’s retirement safe now that the company can drop it for financial reasons. What is sad is that the Military retirement system has been doing this for years. Our benefits have been taken away or lessened because the budget got cut. It was bad enough when a company folded and your pension disappeared but now they can just take it, pay the big bonus’s to its executives and plod on losing money. What is going on with the pensions makes me consider the merits of the private social security accounts. Let me control my future and make the changes but don’t lock me out with no say as someone else takes the money to pay for their mismanagement while paying their ungodly bonus.

Rehabilitation: Lately the rash of ex-cons killing people after their release cries for prison reform. Why can’t we just accept the fact some people can not be rehabilitated. Leading this group are the child abusers. Get the bleeding heart liberal lawyers out of the process. Perhaps we need a law change. For example: Any lawyer directly involved in the early release or termination of a court-ordered prison sentence is just as liable as the convict is if they (the convict) commit a crime after their early release. If the Convict serves their full court ordered sentence then the lawyer is relieved of that responsibility. I bet some lawyers would take a second look at what they are doing unless they believe their fee for services exceeded the pain of being in prisoner.

Nomination for the Darwin award: The two pilots in yesterday’s incident in Washington, D.C.

For my Role Playing friends:

The Duke sat there looking at his wife. She was busily sewing something but he couldn’t make hide nor hair of what it was. Finally the silence broke as he asked her a question. “M’Lady, please reconsider the request to lay out your lineage. I could order you but I would rather not go that far.” The Duchess looked up. “Which tower should I go and stay in for the answer remains no! I promised my father and I intend to keep that promise no matter what.” The Duke sighed for now he had a dilemma. Scratching his head he grasped for a straw. “Is there any way, maybe give them enough to work with but withholding the critical items?” Her eyes said plenty. A few moments later she gathered up her sewing items and stormed from the room.

No comments: